MAPPING & DATA MANAGEMENT
WHAT IS DATA MANAGEMENT?
Data Management is taking all of the information that is recorded in the field and making it useful. It’s not just pretty looking maps that someone printed out for you. Data Management is taking the data that is on your monitor’s card and creating a map that shows a pattern. It’s generating a report that clearly shows which corn hybrid performed better than the other. It’s creating a variable rate planting or fertilizer prescription to put the right amount of product on the right acre to maximize your profit. The list is endless and we are ready to help you sift through the large amounts of data to provide you with the information you need to maximize the profit on every acre of your farm!
WHY IS DATA IMPORTANT?
Data is one of the most important parts of precision agriculture. The data recorded can tell us everything that happened during each operation in the field as well as some things that happened when we weren’t out there.
SOME THINGS DATA MANAGEMENT HELPS US SEE:
- Everything from a missed spot on a fertilizer application from years ago
- Slippage on a planter drive wheel
- Where we need to put in field tile to which hybrid performed poorly to sprayer damage verification
The list of reasons why data is important is as long as you allow it to be. Just remember that we are here to help you with that list and show you what you can do to correct any issues that you may be seeing in your field.
THE YOUNGBLUT AG DATA ADVANTAGE
We strive to help you get the most out of your maps and your data. With our advanced knowledge of mapping programs and data from many different manufacturers we are able to create quality results from most any data out there. We also have the farming background needed to know what things to look for in your data and what to do to fix any issues we find. We will take the time to sit down with you and work through the results and help you understand what these results mean. This way you can make the right management decisions with someone who is unbiased toward a specific seed or chemical brand.
OUR DATA MANAGEMENT PACKAGES
1. The Standard – This package give you the basic information to make an informed decision. We will provide you with simple straight forward maps of your planting and harvest data along with some reports to help you keep track of all of your acres.
2. The Middle of the Road – This package is going to provide you with everything from the standard package plus a few more benefits. With the Middle of the Road package you will get maps of all of your operations as well as additional reports tailored to your operation. We will also start working through some analysis of the data that goes beyond the maps such as comparing different hybrids and products used on different soil types. We can go as simple or complex as you like and let you take your pick of which 2 analysis you would like to use on your data.
3. The Cadillac – With the Cadillac you get the everything above as well as anything else that is needed. We will include all of the analysis functions along with any prescriptions that you wish you have built. We will work through every bit of your data to make sure we start down a path that is sure to pay back.
4. Ala Carte Options – These are a list of our add on options that will be used in the above packages as well as can be added to any package to personalize your data management experience.
- Comparison Analysis – Compare any 2 or 3 items recorded throughout your operation. This could be yield by variety or yield by hybrid or maybe yield by hybrid by soil type or any other thing that you think of.
- Correlation Analysis – Trying to figure out if the soil type map really follows your yield map? This is the add on for you! We can tell you how well any few items correlate to each other with this analysis.
- Terrain Analysis – This option allows us to use your GPS elevation to figure out where the water will run and in which direction as well as which areas of the field have the most wetness potential. This can be a great tool to help figure out if tile is needed in a specific area of your field.
- Equation Based Prescription – Want to vary your fertilizer rate based upon your soil test results as well as last years crop removal on a per acre basis? NO PROBLEM! We can write most any formula to make sure that you can get the rate you want on the area you want and NOT just some straight rate based on an old calculation or a simple prescription based on soil types that may not be accurate.